Senior Medical Writer
Key roles and responsibilities
- Develop high-quality written content in line with provided briefs.
- As needed, provide in-house or freelance writers with comprehensive and easy-to-understand briefs for individual projects.
- As needed, review and edit the work delivered by in-house or freelance writers so that each deliverable provided to our clients is of the highest standard.
- Take full responsibility for the editorial management of individual projects as needed.
- Ensure that whenever possible, projects are completed on time and within budget. If any issues arise during development of a deliverable, alert the account lead without unreasonable delay.
- Contribute to the growth of Aspire Scientific by participating in new business activities as required.
- Follow company procedures with respect to administrative and project-related tasks. To include, but not limited to, daily completion of Toggl timesheets, adherence to editorial procedures, and timely and accurate Dropbox file housekeeping.
- Liaise with clients, healthcare professionals, contractors, and any other relevant third parties in a professional, courteous, and efficient manner.
- Keep up to date with relevant industry guidelines including, but not limited to, Good Publication Practice and International Committee of Medical Journal Editors Recommendations for the Conduct, Reporting, Editing, and Publication of Scholarly Work in Medical Journals.
- During your day-to-day work and internal and external interactions, consider and promote adherence to our vision and values.
Aspire Scientific: Vision and Values
- We care for our team by fostering a people-first culture of trust, transparency, and flexibility that actively encourages a healthy and sustainable work–life balance.
- We recruit, invest in, and retain outstanding people. We provide the resources and ongoing training and development opportunities to nurture talented, stable teams who excel at what they do.
- We develop successful client partnerships through excellence in medical writing and communication, underpinned by therapy area knowledge, industry expertise and a commitment to best practices.