Job description - SPL
Key roles and responsibilities
- Support Scientific Directors, Scientific Account Leads, and other senior team members with the management of client accounts and individual projects as needed, ensuring that all projects are completed to the highest standards, on time and within budget.
- At a project level and where needed at an account level, support senior team members by:
- Helping to nurture client relationships and acting as a key contact (in partnership with senior team members if/as needed) for assigned projects.
- Taking responsibility for solving any challenges arising on assigned projects, including ensuring that any conflicts arising with clients/other stakeholders are smoothly resolved.
- Managing all aspects of assigned projects, ensuring successful planning, management, execution, and outcomes (including the creation and maintenance of account status reports/trackers).
- Setting and updating project timelines, working with a Database Manager and/or individual writers when necessary to ensure that the latest timelines are reflected in any client project-tracking system (e.g. Datavision).
- Managing budgets, financial tracking, and reconciliations for assigned projects. If deviations from timelines or budgets are necessary, discuss these with the account lead(s) and client.
- Ensuring that each assigned project is suitably resourced and contributing to discussions around resource management across the account(s) overall.
- Facilitating and contributing to initial and ongoing client discussions regarding the development of scientific content.
- When needed, take calls with, or respond to emails from, clients/other stakeholders out of usual office/working hours, to achieve/maintain excellent levels of client satisfaction and smooth running of assigned projects.
- At a project level, help to ensure scientific and editorial quality by:
- Ensuring all materials produced are developed per our editorial processes.
- As needed, providing in-house or freelance writers with comprehensive and easy-to-understand briefs for individual projects.
- As needed, reviewing the work delivered by in-house or freelance writers so that each deliverable provided to our clients is of the highest standard.
- Support Scientific Directors, Senior Account Leads, and other senior team members with the ongoing development/training of our editorial team members by:
- Providing project-management guidance as needed during development of each deliverable.
- Participating in mentorship activities, with a focus on supporting medical writers interested in the Scientific Project/Account Lead career track.
- Take on line-management responsibilities if desired (and if needed by the company).
- Where line-management responsibility is taken, provide expert guidance so that line reports fulfil their roles and responsibilities for the company and are fully supported in their continuing personal development.
- Support senior team members with new business activities with existing clients and potential new clients.
- Follow company procedures with respect to administrative and project-related tasks. To include, but not limited to, daily completion of Toggl timesheets, adherence to editorial procedures, and timely and accurate Dropbox file housekeeping.
- Liaise with clients, healthcare professionals, contractors, and any other relevant third parties in a professional, courteous, and efficient manner.
- Keep up to date with relevant industry guidelines including, but not limited to, Good Publication Practice and International Committee of Medical Journal Editors Recommendations for the Conduct, Reporting, Editing, and Publication of Scholarly Work in Medical Journals.
- During day-to-day work and internal and external interactions, consider and promote adherence to our vision and values.
Aspire Scientific: Vision and Values
- We care for our team by fostering a people-first culture of trust, transparency, and flexibility that actively encourages a healthy and sustainable work–life balance.
- We recruit, invest in, and retain outstanding people. We provide the resources and ongoing training and development opportunities to nurture talented, stable teams who excel at what they do.
- We develop successful client partnerships through excellence in medical writing and communication, underpinned by therapy area knowledge, industry expertise and a commitment to best practices.